The Emergency Volunteer Center is recruiting!
Next EVC Training: The training session, which includes a simulation, will be held in the spring of 2013. Location will be provided upon registration. For more information, or to sign up for the training, please contact Shelby Williams or Mark Martin at the United Way’s Volunteer Center at (319) 337-VOLS (8657) or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help get the right volunteers to the right place at the right time during a disaster!
The EVC is activated in times of disaster, but preparation occurs year-round. Trained EVC Volunteers:
- Coordinate the large influx of volunteer who respond to a disaster
- Register and interview volunteers to assess skills and abilities
- Match volunteers to meet community needs
- Conduct safety briefings
- Track volunteer hours and impact
- Serve a one-year “on call” commitment with the possibility of extension
Email email@example.com or call 319-337-VOLS (8657) to sign-up or be notified of the next training.